ISOSLAND

isos games , roms games of the new generation " ISOS PLAYSTATION 3 , ISOS PSVITA , ISOS XBOX ONE , ISOS PLAYSTATION 4 , ... and more" 

• Nintendo Detection ban wave hitting all consoles

• As the name suggests, this forum is dedicated to the portal, you will find various announcements and news. Only the members of the staff are authorized to post a new topic in this section, but you can comment at will, do not hesitate, your opinion interests us ...
As the name suggests, this forum is dedicated to the portal, you will find various announcements and news. Only the members of the staff are authorized to post a new topic in this section, but you can comment at will, do not hesitate, your opinion interests us ...
 #11765  by visitorq
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:45 pm
If you are cert. ban will you still be able to do firmware updates I am wondering because game updates are no longer working. My fear is since the console is only allowed to be updated via internet FW, would it be possible Nintendo could no longer allow you to play newer games with out the correct version of FW (as I think they have done this in the past)??

As I am sure there will be ways around this, it's probably still going to be a pain in the ass...
 #11786  by Hugnkiss
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:14 pm
visitorq wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:45 pm
If you are cert. ban will you still be able to do firmware updates I am wondering because game updates are no longer working. My fear is since the console is only allowed to be updated via internet FW, would it be possible Nintendo could no longer allow you to play newer games with out the correct version of FW (as I think they have done this in the past)??

As I am sure there will be ways around this, it's probably still going to be a pain in the ass...
As of now the big "N" is now super banning any one that has any CFW on there switch. That means no system firmware updates, game updates, and no online at all. So I guess your fear has come ture kinda, but I have been told of ways to do it manualy, all a person has to do is google it. But I do agree with you that it can be a PITA. :-)
 #11797  by mohmah3
 Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 pm
Hello all, what about dumping a clean NAND prior to any hacking, hack the console, keep it offline, and if ever I wanted to play online, i backup my clean NAND dump. Are there any flaws in this ? Thanks a lot, I didn't hack my console yet but I'm planning to do so.
 #11884  by Hugnkiss
 Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:39 am
mohmah3 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 pm
Hello all, what about dumping a clean NAND prior to any hacking, hack the console, keep it offline, and if ever I wanted to play online, i backup my clean NAND dump. Are there any flaws in this ? Thanks a lot, I didn't hack my console yet but I'm planning to do so.
Hello, To best answer your post I would have to say yes and no. For the yes part, if you have fully 100% back up your NAND right ( Right meaning no issues that the system could pick up, not that you did the process wrong at all) you should be in the clear if you ever want to play online, but here is the no part. Due to the fact that the big "N" is ban hammering every one with CFWs on there system, there is a chance that they could ban you in which your switch system would be black listed by its serial number so even if you redump the clean NAND you could still not be able to play online. Now if you do not connect at all to the internet at all, you should be safe because I have not yet found a post or story from any one saying that they could not play online because there switch was never connected to the net in the first place and had cfw, but reflashed there system to play online. So all in all its a interchangable 49% Yes to 50% No depending if you 100% do not connect your system to the net. I hope that helps. p.s. If you do not connect your system to the net you will have to google how to manualy update games and your system as such, but I do not belive you would have to have your switch in airplane mode at all. :-)
 #11941  by lazyolandy
 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm kind of new to the scene and have a few questions - sorry if they are obvious to you.

I've got a Switch, with a good serial number & have an SX OX Pro arriving soon. I've never been online with it, haven't even typed in my WIFI password.

I'm not bothered about online play or eShop at all, considering I can get everything here. If we can't download firmware updates, I'm happy to do it manually.

My concern is with the actual bans though.

Am I likely to get locked out of anything by updating the firmware to play new games?
Is there a possibility of the big "N" bricking consoles in the future?
Would a full NAND backup help with this?
If after a ban I can continue to update and play games, then that's fine. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks.
 #11978  by Hugnkiss
 Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 am
lazyolandy wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm kind of new to the scene and have a few questions - sorry if they are obvious to you.

I've got a Switch, with a good serial number & have an SX OX Pro arriving soon. I've never been online with it, haven't even typed in my WIFI password.

I'm not bothered about online play or eShop at all, considering I can get everything here. If we can't download firmware updates, I'm happy to do it manually.

My concern is with the actual bans though.

Am I likely to get locked out of anything by updating the firmware to play new games?
Is there a possibility of the big "N" bricking consoles in the future?
Would a full NAND backup help with this?
If after a ban I can continue to update and play games, then that's fine. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks.
Hello and welcome, No you have a wounderful qusten that I be more then happy to answer for you.

Congrats first off on getting a switch that had not been patched at all. Thats put you a head by a lot. Now if you do not and will not enter the wifi password you should be 100% free* in the clear. Now you more then likely seen that I have put a star above the 100%, the reason I did that is because you have brought up being bricked. Right now you will be fine, there is a chance in the feture that it could be a concern but even if it is, I hightly dout that the big "N" could brick you system because its not online at all, and there is no way to brick it unless they come to your door and ask for your switch lol. So as of now your A-ok. If it does make you feel better you can do a NAND back up if you want, but you will have to really look into on how to do it right because if some thing goes wrong it can toast the switch. I hope that answers your post and do not worrie about worrying unnecessarily because your not, your being a smart gamer and thats not thing to feel bad about :-D